Friday, August 04, 2006

Cutting the cheese

Last day before production begins. Everyones been working really really long hours and been very stressed out.

This just in- this production (which I didn’t budget) is underbudgeted. Slice it anyway you want, we’re spreading the cheese very very thin. Im good, I think, at doing that, but the problem is that some of my own, er, cheese is now being spread as well, and Im from the school of producers that doesn’t believe in investing your own money in your projects. Just not the best idea because, among other things, it makes you subjective about your project. That can cause fatal errors in judgment. And producing, dear readers, is all about judgment.

We did lock our last lead today (thank god – was getting very worried). The part shoots Sunday and we chased a bunch of actors, including the guy who played Zed in Pulp Fiction, who woulda been great. We ended up with a fine actor who came by recommendation and Im relived and pleased to have him aboard. All in, we have a good little cast for the movie, including stars from the last three Sundance special jury winners, and some other key players. We did a full table read last nite, and it went off great. People were laughing in all the right spots, and saying ick in all the right spots. If we can make our days on this short schedule (always a challenge on a low budget project) we should be in good shape. Now, can we make our days? I guess we’ll begin to find out tomorrow.

G









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









7 comments:

Jill said...

Best of luck with this! I hope it goes really well. :)

Fairmaiden327 said...

Hi, I'm Jill's (blog girl) friend Maria. Saw you were new to her site and wanted to visit this yours. I'll be back to read more. Good luck,

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Thanks guys. I knew I had a few readers, but now people are even commenting.

Maybe I need to make it sexier. I've been trying to protect the innocent.

Jill said...

I vote for sexy. Definitely. :)

ab said...

Good luck with the shoot bro! I hope it went well for your first day today :D

Thinking bout ya!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Somehow, curly, i thought you would.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

it went great sis. we made our days both days. things are gonna start to get a bit more difficult now.