Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Job's The Thing

Wrapped Hot Baby ten AM this morning in the great state of Pennsylvania. We bid our adieus to a fine crew and I was asleep (as was Heidi Deidi) with John Gallagher driving us back within 20 minutes of pulling out of Becky’s Drive In Movie Theater. Great location, nice people, but boy was I glad to be back and glad to be off my aching feet.

Having wrapped shooting, I still have a bunch of paperwork to do – budgets brought to actual, payroll, etc. and that’s going to take a good part of the week. Also, I’ll be turning my attention back to Rev. Jesse and My Brother and all the other plates that I have spinning. But also, now that I am finished, something occurred to me.

I am totally uninvolved and without real romantic prospects for the first time in many months. Now that I will have a little time, I have less of a need for it. Guess I’ll keep working.

So what to do. Im totally uninterested in dating websites (sorry Curly) and think that they are just not a good fit for me. There were a few women working on the movie (one cast, one crew) who I could be interested in but I didn’t sense strong reciprocal interest. Or maybe I couldn’t decifer it through all the other shit that is going through peoples minds when they are working on a movie together – and beyond that, I am the Producer and that’s a whole different can of worms.

Anyone have any ideas? Otherwise its back to the drawing board, and just this evening, I am feeling low on chalk.

18 comments:

ab said...

If I had any ideas, I'd be using them for myself, bro!

If I still lived in Manhattan this would probably not be an issue for either of us, 'cause we could be each other's wingman.

Maybe you should move to Mass :)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

yeah i dont know about that bitter. i think i'll try to find one or four here for the next few months.

Jill said...

Grumpy: I would love to meet you and be your wing-woman, however, I can't promise not to hit on you in the process. If that wouldn't upset you too much, we should make a plan. :)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Jill - Since youre on your manfast, I dont know that you would create much of an issue. You might still be distracting anyway, except that you dont seem to go to the gym anymore (Hehe).

Jill said...

Ahemmm...what are u saying exactly, Grumpy?? First off, I do go to the gym and second, are you doubting my powers of distraction?? Is this some sort of challenge???

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Its a statement, not a challenge. The sort of statement that might incite a response, if I have any sense of what your personality is after reading your blog for a month or two (how long has it been, anyway).

I'm sure you're still in great shape despite being so lax, and you'd probably run rings around me, even now. Hehe.

So far as a challenge is concerned, (1) I hang wih starlets a good deal of the time when working and don't tend to find them distracting, mostly, and (2) I wouldn't challenge you to something I don't think you're capable of succeeding in, because that just wouldnt be fair. And I always try to be fair.

ab said...

Umm, Grumpy, quite with the sarcasm, and while you were ahead...

Jill seems, from her testimonials on her blog, to be most religious about getting to the gym.

As far as being distracting, I can only go by the testimonials to her on her blog.

Jill, take the sarcasm with a grain of salt. It goes down better that way :)

ab said...

crap.

*quit* with the sarcasm

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

So bitter, you are now censoring me on my blog as well. First Jill's now mine? Please. I think the girl can take care of herself.

ab said...

I only censor when I sense I shot to the foot.

Just sayin.

ab said...

crap again.

*a* shot to the foot.

Jill said...

Thanks Stephanie!! Nothing like getting Grumpy in trouble with his wonderful sis to brighten up my day!! lol.

Grumpy: I'd come back at you with some seemingly intelligent remark but I'm still half asleep and I figure the following will do just as well: SIT ON IT. ;)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Well, OK. Im definitely not taking you both on. One, yeah, but the two wonder chick twins together, fuhgeddaboddit.

This is like management vs. organized labor (in the form of blogging women). And on my own site. What times have come to. Im definitely losing.

And for the record Curly, as you clearly know, i was just doing my little part to get a rise out of you. Im sure you look wonderful. My sister, though (and I knew this) wasnt gonna have any part of that line of discussion.

So far as why you are half-asleep, I guess we'll be reading what wore her out last nite sometime today.

Jill said...

Grumpy: you know I love you. :)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

I know you want to...LOL.

Jill said...

Ha! I just read this now. I knew your head was huge in that picture but now I'm starting to wonder if it's actually that big in real life!!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Well, just sometimes.

Jill said...

Wait a sec...which head are we talking about here??? lol.