Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Going Shopping



Im tired. Very tired. Took the rents to dinner for my Pop’s birthday at BLT Prime. Good Ribeye and this great beet and goat cheese appetizer. Ran into Uncle Shelly, by chance, and said hi. He’s kinda a weird bird, but he’s family.



Im not tired from dinner. Its time to finish My Brother, a very daunting task given that we have very little money with which to try to accomplish this task. A lot depends on being able to finish it, like our theatrical release schedule and maybe the goodwill of our distributor (which is very important because so much judgment goes into the distribution of a film). We have a portion of the money to finish up, and finishing up is no mean feat. But we need a bunch more and finding money isn’t the easiest task in the world. On top of the other obligations I have (finishing off Hot Baby (to the extent I remain involved while the film is being cut at Apple), getting another project or three set up, going over the biz plan with Nick Brooks for our venture, and dealing with various sales, festival and distribution issues for My Brother and for The Insurgents, I am just tired. Pooped. I have this fatigue level that never seems to be totally gone. I think once My Brother is out the door, maybe then it will be gone. Been such a long process of doing it, ups and downs, winning the Grand Jury Prize at the American Black Film Festival, getting half-offers that never became full offers, getting great offers that became shitty offers, getting shitty offers I had to turn into decent offers.

Cant you see I’m tired.

And then all this relationship crap with E. Or without E. My parents, at dinner started talking (well, my Mom did) about my ex. Jeanne. Great girl. She’s gone (oh, my, oh, my) and she aint coming back, which is fine with me now, two years later. But makes me think about being 36 and this handsome (haha) and smart and funny and totally single. Like, it must be by choice on some level. I know that I must have a part in my singledom (Curly, you know what I’m talking about).

So whats the cure for this. I can’t seem to find the right gal. And going for a quick fix, someone to spend time with in the meantime, doesn’t help the situation.

So I’ve decided that I am going to order a mail order bride. Does anyone know which countries have the best bargains these days? Cambodia? Pakistan? Staten Island?

G.

*****
My links arent working. Any help? I am using the following format and they dont work? Help, geek girls or anyone else.
"(a href="http://mybrotherthemovie,com">My Brother

13 comments:

Steve D. said...

Not to rub salt in your wounds, but there are still some serious IE issues. Have you compared your template code to the code of a similar blog? The look is cool, but unreadable on IE. Of course, IE is crap anyway...

Take care,
Steve (http://lazycomic.blogspot.com/)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Steve
Thanks man, and no worries. Im about to scrap this setup. Just not functional. I'll find something more IE friendly (as its still the most popular program for surfing). Any suggestions on sites on which to find templates.

As you can see, the links arent working either.

Jill said...

No suggestions on your blog setup but I really hope you fix this shit cuz it sucks balls (or maybe I just want to suck some balls and I'm projecting). ;)

Re mail order brides: Not sure about the prices in Pakistan but I hear there are some pretty hot chicks in midtown that are so great they're priceless! :)

P.S. happy b-day to your dad.

Anonymous said...

try this format:

My Brother

Anonymous said...

oops. ... the link works -- but doesn't show up...try this:

("I am, therefore I date") but without the parenthesis or the opening and ending quotation marks...

Anonymous said...

gRRRRRRRRRRR...this sucks...just view the source on those links...it should work.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

hmm. cant figure out how to view source on the link and not on the whole page. anyway, does this format display properly on ie?

ab said...

You have to close your tags Grumpy!

i emailed you, it wouldn't let me post it the way i wanted to.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

i think its working now.

ab said...

yeah it is :)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

I see.

Jill said...

Grumpy: Did u make it iendedupherWOW on purpose?? Ur too much. lol.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Come on. Would I do that?