Monday, August 07, 2006

Processing Information

Two days into the shoot, and besides the general problems of any set/production that result from having a bunch of inexperienced production people running things (an unavoidable consequence of the fact that the movie is low budget, and so we cannot afford more seasoned production staff), things are generally going pretty smoothly. We’ve been putting things together on time, the sets have looked good, and the casting seems to be working out nicely. I felt, perhaps unfairly, that there was some negativity about our outlook from certain members of the production, going in, because of the issues with Jim getting sick, casting Tex late, etc. However, either way, those potential clouds have parted and the production is starting to gel in the way it needs to so that we can make a good movie.

E. has turned into a text stalker. She texts met three or four times a day it seems, usually with seemingly innocuous questions like “Is J. Phoenix American or French” (American) or what is the name of the great little urban drama you showed me last month (Fresh). Peppered in with the salt, however, are zingers like “I miss you too much” and “I very much whant (sic) to see you” and Are you trying to make me die?” (huh?). After an alarming text last nite, I gave her a call to see what was up. She doesn’t seem to think that its “over,” somehow, despite the fact that I haven’t called her but once in six weeks, haven’t seen her in that time, and told her before then that it wasn’t working for me. She told me that she wanted to know if I would come over this week, or we could meet somewhere and get together. Or she would (for the first time ever, come see me at my place). I begged off, saying that since I am in production I couldn’t get together this week, but that we’d talk soon. She said that she thought that I’d already made my decision about her (uh, yeah, hello) and I didn’t know what to say. I thought that it was obvious, mostly because I told her that it wasn’t working for me.

Now its somewhat flattering to have this beautiful woman haunting me – but at the same time, its disconcerting. How clearly do I need to say that its over for this woman to get that its over. When I got the call, I was, as is my tendency, a bit nostalgic (remember that there are things about her, even beyond her looks, that I liked) but then I remembered some of my general issues with E.

Like – shes a selfish lover. I swear to god, she had me on orgasms at least six or seven to one, maybe more.
Like- when she is upset the gloves come off, and quick.
Like – I just don’t think she is that nice a person, or that honest a person.

These are good reasons, to me, not to get re-involved. Because of my tendency not to be able to detach from relationships that don’t work for me, its pretty imperative that I demonstrably do so because I don’t want to get all tangled up. I thought I had done that.

I guess she didn’t agree.









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









6 comments:

ab said...

You might be spurring this on by responding... If you are really done with her, delete the texts and move on. She's continuing to behave this way because it's causing a reaction in you. She's a child, and you need to treat her as such. Ignore the behavior and it will cease.

Glad the shoot went well.

And stop calling me bitter on other people's sites!!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Shoots still going bitter (and whats wrong with me calling you bitter- I call myself Grumpy all over the place, since you named me - Just look at this blog.

As far as E is concerned. I hadnt been responding, not very much. She's very persistent.

ab said...

You can't respond at all. Any response she gets from you, regardless of how intermittent, only spurs her on to continue to behave this way.

I don't mind you calling me Bitter on my blog, or here, but on other people's blogs? C'mon. That's just not nice.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

done calling u bitter. if you dont want me to call u bitter anywhere, i wont. not sure how its private, since i made it up, but if you dont want, you got. i can think of another name, anywhoo.

Fairmaiden327 said...

I appreciate your refreshing honesty, which is rare among men. I have been E many times but am now to old and can take a hint when it's not working. My old MO was to stay in relationships long after the expiration date just to see if anything would change.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

I dont know. I guess if I were so honest, I wouldnt have these repeat performances. Treading the line between honest and nice requires some fancy footwork somtimes.