Monday, October 02, 2006

The Secret is Out.

So the chick who I’ve been dating (and I use the word chick because its what I instinctively typed, for whatever that means) has let her blogging public (she has a much more popular blog than mine) that she may stop blogging entirely cause she cannot blog without talking about me.

So I’ve outed myself on her blog, And Im outing myself on mine, whatever that means. I won’t be outing her though, I ‘ll leave that up to her.

UPDATE TUESDAY MORNING
Wake up little Suzy. Or not. Chick-I-date has taken down her post (and my corresponding reply, which I thought was quite funny), so now we're back in the blog closet, so to speak. I dont really know why, but its her blog and certainly her prerogative.

I wonder how unique this situation is. Not only do we both have blogs (I haven't really posted about her at all since we started seeing each other, because its not that hard for me not to - I find other things to write about - but her blog is about dating, and thats what her readers go there to read), but we actually met through the blogs, kinda, and kinda through my sister Bitter. So we were aware of each other's proclivities before we ever hung out. It was like having the scout team in weeks before the big game, right Gus. Or should I say, Muffin boy.

Anyway, since I don't link back to her blog, I guess this will buy her some time to figure out what she wants to do about her blog, and the fact that I read it. I think asking me not to read it will be asking a bunch - not that she doesnt have the right, but with it so available and having become a habit, well, it would be tough. I guess I'd just delete the link, and hopefully no drunken evening would I try to figure out how to spell the blog title.

19 comments:

ab said...

"cause she cannot talking about me"

Is this new grammar? Because I'm not familiar with it ;-p

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

fixed it sorry, typed it fast. you found this post pretty fast...

ab said...

Came from one blog to another...

Sorry to call you out on the typo. It was the only way I could keep my mouth shut about other stuff :)

You rock bro :D

Mitch said...

I have never met the girl, but I know she's pretty frickin sweet. Treat her right or you'll have an Angry Canadian Surfer after you.

Just kidding, though she is a pretty sweet and beautiful woman...

Jill said...

And so the madness begins...

Jill said...

P.S. Don't you think outing the whole thing on your blog makes more sense (since it's your blog) than unilaterally deciding to "out yourself" on said chick's blog?? Hmmm??? Just a thought.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Steph - Yeah yeah. Easy to say now.

Mitch - Fair warning. thanks for the threat. nice to meet u too.

Jill. Ppl are back and forth enough on these things, not like it woulda made a difference. People are free to delete things on their blogs of course, so nothing i wrote is in stone.

Mitch said...

Hey,

Apologies are in order. It wasn't meant as a threat, more of a desire to see the girl treated right. She deserves nothing less.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Congrats :)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

POST UPDATE
Mitch- np. Ease up a bit maybe though.

Dawn - For? We're not getting married yet.

Anonymous said...

YET! :)

Just congrats on finally meeting each other (like I had wanted you to).

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Dawn, how did I know you'd focus on yet. Damned for including it, damned if I didnt (because then Im a callous jerk). Anyway, thanks for your well-wishing.

Jill said...

Wow. Do you want to hand over fingerprints and blood samples just in case anyone's not clear on who this person is???

Anonymous said...

G -- it's because I'm a girl :)

But in reference to the blood samples and fingerprints, this suddenly feels like grade 3 recess. Feel free to delete my comment(s) if they're causing harm. None intended.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Um Jill, who are you talking to?

Dawn - from my standpoint, its all good.

Jill said...

Dawn: I wasn't referring to you at all. Not at all. Sorry if you thought that I was.

Grumpy: My comment was in reference to your update.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Jill. Maybe we should call you grumpy. Youre planning on editing what I post now?

Anonymous said...

Jilly -- I didn't know if it was my comment(s) or not, but I didn't want to be the cause of anything bad happening. That's all.

And you've got enough shit on your plate, as I've read. Sorry about that :(

It felt a little grade schoolish (especially when I thought I had inadvertently caused harm) but you know my take on this "situation" -- I only want the best for you.

Ms. M said...

I have always preferred "code names" for my blog. I don't like to (though we hardly seem like strangers anymore!) reveal information that is identifiable, especially if the other parties involved, like my boyfriend or good friends, would object.

It's a tricky game, this blogging. Trickier still when you throw in a real live relationship! Ideally, a dating couple would be on the same page RE: blog content in relation to each other... and how they show consideration for each other's blogs and thoughts that go into them.

this is my 2 cents, perhaps untimely, but still.