Monday, October 30, 2006

Back to Cali.

Going back to Cali, Cali, Cali. Going back to Cali (inappropriate chorus excised).

So a studio bit on 4Chosen. Great news. We need to go find a little more co-financing money, but its very exciting to be in partnership with an enthusiastic distributor on a great project that will mean a lot for audiences (I think its going to be an important movie) and for me personally.

So Jon D. and I head back to California. The American Film Market (AFM) is going on starting Nov. 1. It is, quite simply, the monster of all film sales events, where American movies are sold to worldwide distributors. Some movies are already made, like Transamerica, the producers of which smartly waited til post-oscar run to sell many of the territories.

We’ll hit the AFM, and build some meetings off of it. Everyone is out there during the AFM (who isn’t out there all the time). Plan to hit some majors and some indie labels of majors (already set a meeting with one of those). Also there are some indie finance companies we should meet.

Also, My Brother plays for the BMW Blackfilm.com series. We just had a screening at the Rialto in Atlanta, and next on tap is the screening at the Los Angeles Writer’s Guild Theater. Its our first “industry” screening. Very exciting as well.

Hit me up if you'll be in LA and want to attend.

Grumpy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's was written in a language I don't understand so either:
- good luck
or
- have fun

(or both)

Not sure why, but it's not asking for name anymore. And I'm not a blogger or anonymous so...

Dawn

Annie said...

Congrats Grumpy, that's great. Would love to attend your screening but won't be in California til next month.

Best of luck.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Dawn
Ask me, I'll be happy to explain.

Annie
Nice to see ya here. How long will you be in Cali? We'll be having future screenings? I think I recalled something about Seattle in your future? Maybe your boyfriend?

Anonymous said...

I just re-read it (with my decoder ring on) and I get it now.

Good luck AND have fun. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Have sooooo much fun and kick lots more *ss like you always do!

Annie said...

No, not Seattle. My bf is in San Francisco for 3 months so I'm going to visit him for a week 18th November. I'm really excited about going to America, having never been there before, but I am totally not prepared for how big it is. So I guess LA and SF are quite a few miles apart!