Friday, October 13, 2006

NY vs. LA

Been in LA 24 hours. Due to my recent, ahem, popularity, I think Im going to move previous posts down the page. Onward and downward. Let the spiral begin.

I know everyone talks the talk about Los Angeles being such a terrible city, but lets face some facts about the city.

First, the weather. Yeah there is smog. But New York has smog too, and its friggin cold half of the year. Edge, LA. No doubt.

The women of both cities are beautiful. And smart, though I’d give the edge on smart to the east coast. But maybe that’s just the crowds Im running with, respectively. But I’d say NY on smarts, maybe LA on looks.

Not gonna go through some exhaustive list, but everyone I meet out here asks me if I either live out here (OK honest question) or if I am planning on moving out here. Talked with a friend today and she and I had the same discussion. She’s lived out here, and told me that she thought it was a terrible place to visit but a great place to live. I guess I could see that.

Moving on. Traffic is abysmal here. When it rains (and it did a bit today) people cannot drive for shit. They can’t really drive when its sunny. And you are constantly in your car, here. Doesn’t seem like there is any way to avoid it.

Edge NY.

I don’t really know many people out here. My former roommate is here. I have various biz contacts, and a few acquaintances. But that’s it. I have my whole network of friends in NYC, many of whom Ive known since high school or thereabouts. Hard to replace that.

I need to find some way to spend more time out here. Im looking at sharing a house or apt. with two other guys who live here. Throw in some money for a place to crash while I am here. The hotel thing is OK, but its not cheap and I need to get out here and not have to worry too much about the cost.

BTW- I love those sensitive neandrethal commercials. Like the neandrethal on the moving sidewalk who sees the ad and gets upset. Classic. That dude is great in the commercials. Total non sequitur, but the commercial just ran. I actually tevo’ed that commercial last week so I could rewatch the guy’s performance.

No plans for evenings other than Sunday at the black film awards. I guess I have to spend some time making evening plans, and not just day plans (meetings etc).

The beleaguered grumpy.

No comments: