Thursday, September 28, 2006

Running Myself Down?

Ive really been feeling run down. I don’t know if its stress, too much work, or the spinach flu.

I have been working long hours, to the detriment of what I call a social life. I also have been kinda stressed on getting My Brother ready for distribution.

Went to work out last weekend, and lifted weights last Saturday. I normally just swim or do cardio, and I think I am also feeling effects from this, still, five days later.

So what do I do, I pick up another project for my company with John Gallagher. This one is about the four young men, on their way to basketball camp in North Carolina, who got pulled over in New Jersey in a case of racial profiling. The state troopers shot them thirteen times, ending their careers and bringing on one of the most famous lawsuits (with Johnny Cochrane prosecuting the case) in the history of race relations. (spelling to follow screwy on purpose). David Anspagh (Hoosiers, Rudy) is supposed to direct, and Laurence Fishburn, Bill Zane and Danny Ayiello, among others, are aboard.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

But I am still so exhausted. Ive had a lot of fatigue, even some chest pain (though I cant tell whether it is pectoral pain from the weight-lifting, and that’s my suspicion). I have been eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep, not drinking too much, so I don’t know why Im not feeling well.

I think I need a vacation, I just don’t think I have time to take one right now, with everything that’s going on and with the NYC Home Film Festival looming. Oops, the NYC PictureStart Film Festival, formerly the NYC Home Film Festival. That’s coming up in late November.

Also supposed to head out to California. I’ve been invited to attend the Black Film Awards October 15th, which I would like to do. Also just have so much else going on, most of which is pending so I can’t really mention it.

Good news is that I have taken on one assistant (unpaid) and a second I am meeting with tomorrow. The first, Rene, is really efficient and she’ll be a producer in no time. She is smart and connected – met her when she interned on Hot Baby, and immediately promoted her to Asst. Production Office Coordinator.

Anyway, Im hanging in there. Anyone have any pointers for pick-me-ups. Maybe dietary changes? I definitely need a massage or three, but I hate going places for massages. They kinda skeeve me out, and who wants to have to jump in a taxi or on the subway after a massage. Kinda kills the relaxation.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That basketball camp movie sounds terrific ...and heavy.

Try to take it a bit easier, if you can. And do NOT fast on Monday if you're still feeling rough.

Anonymous said...

Too many carbs make you feel sluggish - as does not enough protein - have you ever tried the Zone diet? They deliver all of your meals (three meals, two snacks) based on your individual food/diet preferences, levels of activity, etc. and it is GREAT for energy b/c it keeps your blood sugar level.

Also - I have a fabulous gay masseuse (I don't think you are homophobic...) who comes to your apt at a really great rate and doesn't stop "until you feel better" - I am a total massage snob, but he is awesome. I also have a fantastic acupuncture girl who comes to your apartment - ever tried that?

I definately find the more cardio I can sneak in (doesn't matter how), the more energized I feel - that whole endorphin thing, you know? (It also helps to sweat out whatever might be ailing you...)

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Sky - Yeah, ive been thinking about massage-thanks for the link, i'll check it out.

Dawn - Hopefully. We're working on the script to improve it. I dont fast, BTW. Never have.

Heidi - Whats the story with acupuncture. Do they leave the needles in? You know how I feel about being penetrated. But seriously, how long is the process and when do you start to feel the results. Whats the treatment intended for?

Anonymous said...

Acupuncture does pretty much everything if the acupunctirist is good -the one I use specializes in stress, lack of energy, smoking cessation, facial rejuvenation and neck/shoulder/back pain. I was in an accident when I was 18 and have permanent neck/back damage as a result. I have been through years of chiropractic and physical therapy - none of which helped ease any pain. I am terrified of needles, and was a total non-believer in acupx, but in a few short weeks - my back and neck felt better than they had since I was 18 - that's pretty awesome :)

So, yes, they leave the needles in for about 15-30 minutes depending on the points they are using... but if you are face down on a massage/acupx table, you can't see them, and you really don't feel them - not in a bad way, anyway...

ab said...

Great cast on the basketball movie! Congrats!!

Also, the film festival...

I'm going to be in town the entire week of T-day (boysies with me until wednesday, so clear your calendar if you can) Any chance the film festival is around that time?

Anonymous said...

Hy! I was looking for Michael Mosley's photos and I saw your blog. Can you please put some picture of him? Sorry for my English,I'm from Europe!

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ycufojykyv.virtue.nu/yjolyz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://vinuqojox.fcpages.com/ehawaj.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich