Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Bit Hungover - Drinkin with Gavin

So I met with some people last nite about developing a reality show pitch for television. We sit down, we have a drink, I wow them with my ideas, energy, contacts, yada yada yada. Then head across the street to this little italian restaurant for a few more drinks, to recap the meeting with my biz partner, Big J. Big J and I agree the meeting went well, we pass along our offer to the guy who put the meeting together, getting the right number, yada yada yoo.

Getting ready to go home, and get a call from the Pied Piper. A recent but frequent drinking buddy. He's going out to hear some live music with a friend, do i want to meet them. HMM. Maybe. Whats the music? Pied tells me I should come, gonna be fun. Bluesy rock. Oh, and by the way, Gavin McGraw is coming too. His brother is playing (a singer as well).

So I head down to this place on Bleeker and Sullivan (the fog in my brain today won't let me remember the name of it now, but Im sure I will after i post). The band shows up late, we're waiting and waiting.

A little background - I didnt really know who Gavin was or what he sings until fairly recently. Sure, I'd heard the name, but actually didnt know his songs until I ran across Jon Lovitz MySpace page, which had a great song on it, and I added the song to my MySpace page. Need you ask who the song is by? Well, of course, Gavin McGraw. Bitter told me that the song was the theme from One Tree Hill (i think that was the teen show its from- why she watches One Tree Hill at 41, I have no idea, but that's women for you).

So long story short (too late), Gavin shows up, does some boozing, waiting waiting waiting, and then he jumps on the mike when his bro starts singing that very song. Unbelievable voice. Wow. He definitely deserves his stardom. And a hell of a nice guy, taking pictures with everyone in the club, very cordial - which to me is something more impressive than even that great voice. He really seems to take an interest in everyone he meets.

So I stayed and left after the first set, somewhat drunk (lets say five or six drinks over the course of the nite? Maybe seven, i dont remember, not a ton but enough to feel it today). Got home pushing three. Thank god I dont have to be in the office too early as a movie producer.

G









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









1 comment:

ab said...

it's degraw.

and i'm 39

:)