Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hot and Cold Running Water

What the hell is up with E. Stayed over at her place on Tuesday nite. Last time I saw her. Didn’t call her this week, I feel like I am always calling her, never vice versa, and I don’t like that out of balance feeling. So I didn’t call her. She texted me a bunch of times, and I texted her back, but she didn’t call me either. Finally, last nite, I called her before I left the office, maybe around eight, to see what she was upto, if anything.

No callback.

By about eight, I texted her to see what was up (Never know with some women, maybe more than some). Why no callback?

No reply, and I am sitting home, bored and now, somewhat irritated by this casual attitude. Should I be? I don’t know, but I was, and am. So I call her and she picks up the phone (and yes, I have a public number).

She says Hi. Sorry she didn’t call yesterday, really tired when she got home from work, long week. (Thinking to myself, and what about today, all day). She was out with some friend, a Japanese guy she mentioned at some point or other. Started a conversation about her week and mine, but I basically didn’t feel like having the conversation while she was hanging out with her friend. I think she was sort of inviting me too, telling me where she was, etc. the way she does when she wants me to ask if I can come meet her. Irritated as I was, and am, I just told her that I didn’t wanna keep her on the phone while she was with a friend, and we could talk some other time.

Is this normal behaviour. Maybe I am bringing it on myself? I don’t want to chase her, or anyone around, and I won’t. So if its too fuckin difficult to return a phone call, all day on a Saturday (or a text for that matter), I guess the whole deal couldn’t be so important. Or maybe she is just protecting herself again, or is that some catch-all perfect defense for bad behavior.

I don’t normally solicit responses, but any of my female readers, feel free to chime in.









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

g, women like to be pursued as opposed to being the pursuer. the reality is, we prefer guys to call us and don't like having to initiate the dialing (if it's a casual situation of course, not a boyfriend/girlfriend thing). that said, perhaps she was frustrated by the fact that you didn't call her all week and 'retaliated' by not calling you back. i have a feeling she probably would have at some point had you not called her, but i'll bet she was making a point by her silence. here's a question for you: why is it that when women stop showing as much interest, pull back and become a bit more elusive that suddenly a guy comes running?

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Anonymous (great name by the way, hehe):
You talkin' about me? Did I come running>? I don't think I did?

I guess i would like some consistency, is all. The choice to be casual is really hers, not mine. I guess I'd be fine being less casual, or would have been, before i became so irritated by the whole situation.