Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Friends and Lovers

So got a text today. We didn’t talk yesterday, and now, I get a text from, yeah, the one and only E.

Basically says that I got angry and it would be nice to stay friends. Something about not shaming her, but there’s a language issue there.

Friends. Hmm. Who would that be nice for? And what exactly does that entail? Is that what we are now? If not, what are we? Or is that so she can stay in contact with me so as to help her pursuits in the film biz.

I got lotsa friends. Not sure I really need more, and I definitely don’t need friends with history like this. Not that its gotten so bitter for me, but there is always that thing with staying friends with someone who you’d fucked in the past. Plus the whole weird thing in the entertainment biz with people getting involved to further their careers (no really, it happens) , which I avoided with E. by telling her from the outset that while I was interested in dating her, that was, in my mind, mutually exclusive with working together. That said, I did find her an unpaid position on a film (her first feature) and perhaps …, I don’t know, seems like a lot of baggage.

I do think, though that I am somewhat ambivalent myself about breaking it off totally. I do like some things about her. However, I almost absolutely don’t see us together for the long haul, and at four months, perhaps this is a good time to let it have been a casual thing. She just doesn’t seem to want it to drift away.

If you’re guessing its because I am good in the sack, don’t be crass.

But I’m incredible.

G









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









No comments: