Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The End of an “E”-rror

After the mishigosh (sp?) of the weekend, the rainwater continued to pile up in the gutters on Monday. Message from E. in the morning – Hello.

Retort- Hello there?

Reply- You don’t want to talk to me anymore?

Hmm. Feel guilty about something, much?

Then forthcoming were accusations about my sensitivity, apologies, you know, the regular contradictory mix of statements, mixed with a certain eastern European flair that made for great theatre, though not for me.

I’d moved on.

Until I called her, figured that she deserved a less compressed way to express her feelings on the subject, even if she is the texter of choice. She couldn’t talk, but called me back late last evening.

And confirmed my earlier feelings. She spoke for a while about how she’d been spending her time. Then apologized again, not for the communications issues, but for referring to me in texts as angel, and other nicknames. When I told her I had no issue with the nicknames, she then told me not to call her sweetie, sunshine, or whatever else I may have put into a message over the past four months. She doesn’t like it now.

Then she said she was tired and wanted to take a shower. Have a good nite.

Yeah, you too. See ya.


Havent blogged much on the movie biz recently, though its been busyness as usual. We are three weeks out on our co-production on the horror film, out trying to cast names and semi-names for no money. Its going pretty well. Im happy with the cast thus far, and if we can throw a name or two in there, maybe we’ll get somewhere casting-wise. But I know we have actors in our cast that can do the job.

Fox took a look at the family movie. Senior VP of this and that. Was told by Tom Rothman (yeah, the head of fox, silly) to have a look. And he liked it a bunch, asked if he could show it to the rest of the team. Um. Yeah. Go ahead. Be my guest, and lemme know where to fed-ex the popcorn.

Hopefully, he really did like it a lot, and its not just being put through the motions because it came from TR. I have a deal on the table with this other company, and though I vastly prefer the distributor of Sideways and Napoleon Dynamite, a bird in the hand and all that.













Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









4 comments:

ab said...

Did you not run away a bit too?

Not saying her behavior was all in line, because it was not, but...

She needed you to chase her a bit I think.

You were not willing, and a beautiful girl (both inside and out from your posts) is gone.

I don't know that the ends justified the means.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

so exactly what r u saying?

ab said...

While she might've been playing games, so were you. And you both missed out.

But that's bullshit that she lied about her age. And by 5 years! WTF?!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

so again, whatcha sayin sis