Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Sleep, Perchance to dream and shit

Aaargh. Shiver me fuckin timbers, and shove 'em up ur ass.

Yes, friends and lovers, I am in a mood. I'm most displeased.

Why, you ask? Oh, pray, tell.

Im getting to it. Still shiverin me timbers over here.

The chief aint ready to pop me 500 K for the horror movie! And I thought I had it like that. It’s a horror movie for god sake. And Im producing it, I mean, like, is it not gonna make money? Puhlease!

Yet, can I complain. Me. After all, lets recount the Chief’s recent contributions to the continuation of my livelihood:

1. He floated a cool mil Dec 04.
2. Over the last twelve months hes added another 300 grand or so, give or take.
3. He has been the only investor to step up with more money.
4. He is holding back on his funding because he’s considering investing in the distribution of the family movie, or matching someone elses funding of the family movie.
5. His funding of the family movie’s distribution will benefit me directly and inditectly.


So why, dear boy, are you griping? Ciz I was pretty sure he said he would do it. He told me while I was in Florida that he wanted to do other projects with me. He told me he liked the script. He told me that if the whole studio thing didn’t work, we could still proceed. And now, hes on the fence.

Also asked me to continue to try to raise some money elsewhere. Spoke to a partner on the project, and a Company in Germany is interested potentially in taking foreign rights. Then if the Chief will go half, we can get this going. Course, I know him, and once he hears that someone wants half, he may change his mind and put up all of the money.

So it goes. What can u do?

Had dinner with E and her mom. Went to Uncle Nicks, a Greek place in Hell’s Kitchen. I don’t think it was as good as it used to be, maybe just this meal, maybe not (thought the red snapper was great, however). E somejhow saw through me immediately, saw something was wrong. I asked her how she could tell, and she said, well, you’re always so happy to see me, and tonite you aren’t?

Really?

No really?

I guess I got no game. Ugh. That’s not a good way to maintain. She thinks Im that into her – sounds like a dangerous set of circumstances. Also told me the fact that we live so far apart isn’t so great (about an hour on the train). So to retaliate I give her “You’re tough.” Yeah, I didn’t think it was that bright either.

She took some offense, I had no purpose in saying it except maybe to get a little sympathy, which I got from her but which was not nearly worth the accompanying “bitch” feeling that washed over me for my acting like such a little bitch.

Shes working for my associate Russ in my building tomorrow, as his office is in the buiiding. He knows we’re dating and he asked her – Don’t you have the address, haven’t u been to Grumpy’s place. She told him she hadn’t. As I am sitting next to her at dinner. Helluva day.










Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









2 comments:

Fun Joel said...

Hey man. Good to see your blog on here. Nice to see someone blogging from the "other" side from us screenwriters! :-) Best of luck.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

thanks joel. just so u can see we struggle with some of the same things that y'all do.