Saturday, May 13, 2006

Huh?

OK, so i admit it. Im outta practice. I havent really gotten involved with anyone on a meaningful level since J and I split two years or so (wait, its three now, goddamnit) and though I've dated, in some cases, for months at a time, it was with any committment (or desire for it). Now that may seem to be changing.

Egad.

But Im confused, don't know whats goin on. Now faithful reader(s!?) - E is from Russia, by way of Tokyo, Paris and god knows where else. We dont communicate in the same native tongue (heh, heh, he said Tongue - right Bitter). I think that we often have this problem, thus far, where I say something that is intended to convey my meaning but its not direct and she doesnt get it.

For example, consider, if you will, kind readers, the following interchange

E; How is Miami?
Me: Great. The beach is wonderful. You should come.
E: You're having a good time.
Me: Very much so.
E: Why dont you invite me? Don't be mean.
Me: What do you think I was just doing?

That was from while I was away. We seem to have had a bunch of those kind of exchanges.

I think she is definitely, if you'll pardon me, hooked but we're just not clicking on things quite as well as we should, particularly when we communicate when we're not in person. She was going to the Russian bathhouse today - invited me to join her yesterday, but then she didnt go and we never got together. When I told her I was going to a birthday gathering for one of the investors in the family movie, again, that familiar pause.
E: Who are you going with?
Me: (Sensing where she is going) Um,....I'm going with (The Director). Are you asking if Im taking a date?
E: (No answer)
Me: Are you asking if Im dating anyone else?
E: Yes, I am asking.
Me: No I am not.

I didnt invite her because when I've been out with this investor its been a guys nite out kinda thing. And this wasnt dinner, just drinks I was told, which made it seem even more a guys nite out kind of thing. I told her as much. She said she understood.

Course, when I got there, it was dinner, and the wives/girlfriends were there. She had texted me just fifteen minuted before I arrived to see this, congratulating me again on the family movie situation, saying she was very happy for me (Aside- I think we text too much). When I see the dinner situation, I call to invite her, but she's already on her way to some downtown party. I tell her to call me if its no good.

No call.

I text her, How is It. She says Good. How's urs? I say We're done. It was nice.

No reply, and now Im typing.

Was I too indirect again? Should the response have been - Coming to see u OK?

Dunno.










Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









2 comments:

ab said...

i think you're going to have to be more direct... if that's what you want. are you not being direct because you're not sure if you want a commitment, or because you're a guy?

heheheh

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

a guy of course