Tuesday, May 16, 2006

As The Worm Turns

Busy, busy, busy.

Been cutting down the Script for the chicks strike back flick. Its fun, campy stuff. I should send it to bitter, get her taste (shes into genre), but she never finishes reading the stuff I send her.

Just emailed it to her and Happy. We’ll see if they read it. Happy will, he likes to procrastinate at work.

Happy, hope you put my free agent pick through by now. It wasn’t in, last I looked.

So yeah, the script. As I said, its campy, horrific, thrilltastic, and gonna make it tight. Had to cut back some stuff that would be too expensive to shoot and still keep the budget at what I consider to be no brainer level- No I wont tell y’all. What kind of producer would I be.

The chief thought I was talking even smaller – when I told him where I thought the budget was coming in, he said Woo- but I think he’ll still do it. I’ll offer him partners potentially, but he doesn’t like partners, and I think he’ll just do it himself. Particularly if things are looking good for the Family Movie.

Called E Sunday nite, and didn’t hear back from her. I wasn’t seeing her Sunday nite, but thought I would have heard from her.

So called her again, on Monday, around noon. I gave E the straight of it. (No Happy, not that straight, I meant a conversation).

It went a little like this…

I tell her that I like her. I tell her that I think about her and what she’s doing when she isn’t around. I tell her I would like to spend more time with her.

She says “FINALLY,” and we chatted a bit, made no plans.

Guess Bitter mighta had a point there. Maybe not though. I dont know, these relationship things are tougher. And we arent even sleeping together yet. But why (Keep reading, Gus)?

She called me in the evening to remind me of the plans we tentatively had, asked why I didn’t call her, and so we went to see Brick last nite at the Angelica. Best indie Ive seen in a long time (Thanks for Smoking was also really good, but since the budget was akin to a small studio movie, Im not comparing them. We did our smooching on the street, and went our separate ways. She wanted to get one drink, I didn’t –moneys tight and I was tired anyway. She did tell me that she wanted to tell me something, especially after I was so forthcoming that morning.

Cut to:

Interior, Bedroom (tonite)

Me: So what were you gonna tell me. (She mentioned last nite she had something to tell me).
E: I don’t know if I want to talk about it on the phone.
Me: (Very convincing reasons to do so- I don’t want to wait).
E: It doesn’t concern you, it concerns me.
Me: You’ve been married,
E: I still am. Getting divorced, but still married, that’s why I left Tokyo.

Well, it doesn’t really bother me that someone is getting divorced or is still married. We weren’t at the point of full disclosure, and a very smart therapist told me once (while I was in therapy) that people who are married, naturally, show much more propensity to be involved seriously then those who have never committed to that kind of relationship.

And she did tell me, I didn’t just find out on my own.

Yes. I know.

G-









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









1 comment:

ab said...

I started the script. It's a little more with the campyness than I usually like, but I'm sure you'll tighten that up too.

And... told ya so, told ya so, neener, neener, neener ;p