Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"MY BROTHER" nominated for NAACP Image Award

My Brother, which I produced for Anthony Lover, has been nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Best Independent Film.

Here is the competition in the category.

Outstanding Independent or Foreign Film
• “A Mighty Heart” (Paramount Vantage)
• “Dirty Laundry” (Codeblack Entertainment)
• “Honeydripper” (Emerging Pictures)
• “My Brother” (Codeblack Entertainment)
• “Persepolis” (Sony Pictures Classics)

We could use some press at the moment, so this is great news. I hope that we win. The Awards are to be televised live on Fox on February 14th. Don't know if I am going yet.

Grumpy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!

Actually, just last week I put My Brother in my Netflix queue. :)

Annie said...

Fantastic news! Well done, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Julie O'Hora said...

Congrats -- that's very cool news!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

thanks guys. i believe this is as far as its gonna get, but its nice to get this far anyway.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

oh, and dawn, you're definitely gonna cry. no doubt.

jules, getting my waiver deal ready for the wga.

annie, sorry im gonna miss you, again. if im here, i'll be posting that im here, so try me again. but fairly sure im gone.

Anonymous said...

If you say "definitely" and "no doubt" that means there's gonna be a flood.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to it.