Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Airplane Bloggin’: Park City the Second

God awful early flight to Salt lake City out of Newark. Its frigid cold when I get in the cab, but I know that this cold bear little in common with the cold I’m going to experience when I get to Park City for the Dances (Slam and Sun).

As I stepped up to the cab stand outside my building, immediately one car pulls forward to pick me up in front of the cab at the head of the line, whose driver is not in the car. That driver comes running up and they start arguing about whose passenger I am. They each plead their cases, but I explain that I am not King Solomon. I don’t want to decide. I get into a third cab and depart.

And now I am sitting in the middle seat (a very small middle seat) on a Delta flight bound for Salt Lake. I only slept three hours because I couldn’t fall asleep. Gonna try to get some winks on the flight, and avoided coffee this AM so maybe I’ll get luck.

(Later)…
In fact I did get lucky and caught some zzzz’s on the plane. Not overwhelmingly refreshing, and had to take a pill to make it happen. However, I’d rather be a zombie for an hour than one all day. Now I need to eat.

Currently, I am in a van to Park City from Salt Lake, which is a forty minute trip through the mountains. Seemed to take forever to get to the gate and then to get on the shuttle after we landed, but its still just after noon and we are closing in on Park City. The shuttles absolutely full, so we’ll have to wait and see about how long it will take to dump my stuff at Slamdance Headquarters (the Treasure Mountain Inn) for the afternoon.

When I went to bed last night, and even more so when waking up at the crack of dawn this morning, I really wasn’t too enthusiastic about coming to Park City. But now, with the cold yet sunny day we’re having, pulling into town, I am beginning to get my positive mind frame back. We haven’t shot the last Slamdance winner yet, and we’re about to announce the second annual winner of the Horror Competition. In fact, I imagine the finalists are already posted on Slamdance’s website.

Time to pack up to get out of the van. Talk to y’all later.

Grumpy (and Sleepy)

Post-script
The fully stocked condo is SWEEETTTT. Really nice. Big. Comfy. And full of wine, beer, soda, red bull, snacks, sandwich stuff and real food for cooking. Looking like its gonna be a decent time. Certainly wont be freezing or starving.

No comments: