Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back in NY

I cannot believe I forgot to airplane blog. Despite the fact that i've been away in California for three months, it occurs to me that this is the longest period of time in several years that i've stayed in one place, that I haven't been on an airplane (at least I think it is). Anyway, no airplane bloggin'. It didnt even occur to me.

I did do a lot less bloggin', at least true blogging rather than simple reposting, while I was out there. Not sure why, because I have less to conflict with my blogging time in LA than in NY (at least I think that is true).

Where is my head at?

3 comments:

Annie said...

Hey there Grumpy. I'm going to New York on the 13th feb. Can you recommend any filmy events? And will you be around?

Am so excited — never been to NY before. I'm gonna be like Crocodile Dundee.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

hey annit. i will likely be back in cali by the thirteenth (i desperately hope so). In fact, I may be leaving in a week to Sundance and Slamdance and then to LA. Check back w/ me.


For all things NY, there is a weekly magazine called Time Out which you can buy anywhere. It has most of the cultural options at all budgets that are available. Also, there is the Museum of the Moving Image, and Lincoln Center has interesting film events. There are lots of legendary theaters, including Radio City Music Hall, though they don't show many movies anymore. Another thing to check out is the Film Forum, on W. Houston. They have great programming, and it s good theater experience. The other must attend theater is the Angelika Film Center, which is one of the top indie movie houses in America. Its right in the middle of Greenwich Village, also on Houston (though not West), a block from Broadway.

Annie said...

Thanks for the info! Sorry I'll miss you. Same thing happened in California last year if I remember right.