Sunday, August 12, 2007

Life As NY’ers Know It.

I love NY. Love it. Well most things about it. I’ve been back from Lala land for less than a week, and I’ve had a great time. I missed my friends, my biz partner, my air conditioning, etc. a lot in the month I was away. Its nice to be back and to sleep in my own bed.

And then this damn dirty bomb threat.

I don’t know if its real. Its terrorism. Its about fear, about terror (duh?). Doesn’t matter if the threat is real, only if the FEAR is real. And its real.

As many of you know, I was very close to Zero on 9/11 (here is my post on that). I was very affected by that day. As a result, I may be more sensitive to the threat of terrorist plots than your average person (maybe even more than your average NY’er, maybe not though).

So when I hear things like the shit that’s been flying around this weekend, it causes my blood pressure to rise higher. That the shit is supposed to be targeted downtown, in my neighborhood, is just the added bonus.

And you know what? There is nothing anyone can do about it.

Kinda sucks, huh?

No comments: