Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Airplane Bloggin’- Long Time Coming

Its been a full month in LA, and I’m finally on the plane back to New York. This is the longest I’ve been away from home in years and I am looking forward to being in my own bed (with air conditioning, good reliable wireless internet, cable and normal television, a good shower, a complete wardrobe, a lack of invading ants (recently stemmed thanks to some effective bug spray) and all the other comforts of home). That being said (and being true), I did have some fun times in Los Angeles, and under better circumstances it would have been even more of a good time.

Of course, its almost axiomatic that nothing really happened, workwise, for the first three weeks or so that I spent out there. Once I’d gotten to LA, we quickly scheduled a meeting with financiers for Slaughter and Digger, and that meeting happened within a few business days of landing. Since that point in time, though, nothing much was going on, at least nothing that required my presence in LA particularly. Then after I made my travel plans back to New York, without fail, a bunch of meetings, with members of the Slaughter/Digger teams, with people with film projects, with Reveille (makers of Ugly Betty and The Office) pop up that have to be crammed into the short time period before leaving. And for some reason, my social schedule seemed to fill up and all of a sudden, I had plenty to do, was busy with new work possibilities (read, producing possibilities) and meetings and parties and get-togethers at nite. It actually had me considering pushing back my return, which had already been later than I wanted because of flight availability. But in any event, I am on my early AM flight home.

One thing about LA that is a little unusual at least if you didn’t grow up around it. The groups of people you end up in, at parties, tromping around from bar to bar (well, tromping by car), may often, depending on who, include celebrities. One nite out spent with some new friends included Nicole formerly of the Pussycat Dolls. She was a totally polite, normal person (not celebutized in any way) which was refreshing. Her sister, who was in for her birthday, is a wildcat partier, but I imagine Nicole has had her share of those opportunities already.

Other than that, life was fairly normal, even to the point of beginning to establish patterns. And now its back to the New York patterns. For how long, I am not sure. Maybe only a few weeks until I head off on location to get it going on Slaughter and Digger. For now, I am going to enjoy being home.

Grumps

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home :)