Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am so connected

I have internet at home (well, LA hovel home) again. For about a week or so, I’ve had no connection. And before that, I had a connection but my ill-tempered and short for this world Ibook wasn’t connecting because of some new security issue. Then the artist formerly known as roommate disconnected the service from our place and I was without internet, even just as I was discovered a way to fix the security issue, on my own, technical wizard that I am (NOT!).

After some bandying about, and figuring that no 22 year old rocker was going to step forward to get internet service in their name, I signed up for it. And for some reason, it took until today for AT and T to turn that damn signal on. What a wait. I’d taken to spending long hours in starbucks and Cheebo (which is nice anyway, much better than Starbucks, which can be Freakbucks depending when you go). I’ve stopped by Jay’s and even parked outside the Slamdance office to use their internet. On a Sunday. In the heat.

Anyway, I feel like I’ve been let our of prison, because I finally (for the moment at least) have working internet. It wasn’t working all day, for some reason. The reason why it wasn’t is that one of the rockers, a none-too-bright one, couldn’t figure out that to make it work, you need to plug the DSL line into the socket that says DSL, and the phone line into the socket that says Phone. She thought the opposite. Clever girl.

But I’m on now. I’m downloading the latest Entourage. I am checking baseball scores. I may just surf all nite.

(Less) Grumpy

No comments: