Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday miscellany

Saturday nite. Big pasta dinner. Sitting at home. Watching movies, good and bad.

Did anyone see the Hitcher. My friend Phil Hardage worked as the first AD on it. I just a music video by that director. Incredible. Really incredible work. I went to see what else the guy had done (besides the video) and there was the Hitcher (the remake that is, Sean Bean Hitcher, not Rutger Hauer Hitcher). Anyway, lemme know what you thought of the movie – Im pretty curious. Just in an academic sense, because I am kinda biased about music video directors doing movies, generally. But this Pink Video was so incredible looking, now I am curious.

I am headed back to LA on Tuesday. Been just a few days since I got back, it feels like, and I am already headed back to LA. Which is OK. Its for a good reason. We are about to lock someone very key to Slaughter. Can’t say more than that, but its exciting and very big news.

The apt in LA is coming in very handy, it seems. Would have been spending a lot of money with all the time out there. If I can only make it a bit nicer. Any readers in LA or thereabouts who wanna help out with that, would be great.

When I get out there, I have a meeting on the Warner Studios lot. First time for me to go to a studio lot. Ive been to offices for a major (New Line on Robertson), but this will be a first for me. I may have a meeting at Universal as well, but one thing at a time.

I hate flying. Have I mentioned that. Uggh.

Oh, so by the way, everyone who reads this know that Heidi, the frequent commenter (especially when stuff concerns her or misogynist horror movies) . She’s an actress. She was in Hot Baby. And now, with Digger coming up, well, to me, Heidi being from Connecticut and all, you know.

But apparently, Heidi doesn’t know I am working on the movie, does she? I spoke to someone we both know, and Heidi told em all about the movie, Digger, which I’ve been working on for a year. I thought she knew I was working on it. But this person in common was like, hey, you’re working on that, that’s cool. I guess that while Heidi is kind enough to weign in on the blog here and there, well, I don’t rate top billing on the producer’s list. Probably because I am so abusive. Maybe I should try to be nicer.

Nah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you jest.

Grumps. you spoke to my airhead, college student sister -not "someone we both know". First of all, I was not the first person who told her about the movie. Someone we all have in common actually told both she and I about "Digger" at the same time. Second of all, her little ADD-riddled brain not listening to 95% of what I say about any given thing does not equal me not "knowing that you are working on Digger." Puh-lease.

That would be like saying I don't know that you are half of Angel Baby Entertainment or that I didn't know you worked on "My Brother" or on "Hot Baby" for that matter.

Both of the paragraphs you decided to rant on about me are entirely ridiculous. I am well aware that you are a huge part of Digger and have been for an extraordinarily long time. But, you knew that, didn't you?

BTW- would have responded sooner, but I just finished performing in 6 sold-out shows in the last 48 hours. Apparently it is okay for theatres to schedule crazy extra shows on Mother's Day weekend. So, my appologies if this came out a little cranky...

Nah.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Yeah I knew that. All that.

But I am just warming up for the shoot.

I still got it sista.

Anonymous said...

Wow. You managed to get the first real smile and laugh out of me since before the run of this show started.

BRING IT!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

good to see we're off on the right foot.