Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Airplane Bloggin: Burbank Dawn

My new apartment, bungalow, whatever you wanna call it, is in Hollywood. Hollywood is, in LA terms, on the eastside, more or less, as opposed to Beverly Hills, Westwood, Santa Monica, all on the Westside. Long Beach airport, in addition to being quite far south, in on the Westside (its on the beach, which despite the south east to northwest running socal coastline, is pretty far west of Hollywood.

Enter Burbank Airport. Just a hop over the hill from my Hollywood haunt (say that five times fast), its now my Jet Blue airport destination of choice. Its very close to my place (we’ll see about the traffic, but miles-wise its close).

Thing is, at least as far as rewards flights go, on Jet Blue, during the week, there only seems to be 6:45 AM flights available from JFK to Burbank. Yes, folks, that 6:45 flight allows me to wake up at 4:20 AM, refreshed by a whole four hours of sleep or so, jump in a cab and head off to the airport. At least there isn’t any traffic on the way to JFK at a quarter to five in the morning.

But even though I’ll be in LA from 9:45 AM or so, if I don’t get some sleep on this flight, I am just gonna take a nap when I get to my place anyway. So much for getting in early.

But that’s OK. Needed to make the trip, and while I could have made it Sunday, Sunday was mother’s day and that was a good reason to stick around in NY.

Maybe I can get some sleep after I stop typing. 5MG of Diazepam to calm me for takeoff may help. We shall see.

I am not gonna talk about the breakup thing. I am not gonna write about it. It kinda was necessary, and it pretty much sucks. That’s all I got for ya.

Insurgents is screening at the Fine arts Theater in Beverly hills on Thursday. Wilshire off La Cienaga. Lemme know if you wanna come, there may be availability on the list. I wasn’t necessarily gonna be in town for this, but its nice that I can make it. And I hope Scott, the director, will be pleased.

I am tired. Gonna go count some sheep. I think Gina Gershon is sitting to my left. Does she play the violin? This chick’s got a violin. I’ll do my best not to think about Bound while I am sitting here.

2 comments:

Julie Goes to Hollywood said...

I don't know about the violin, but I know Gina is in L.A. because I saw her last night on Craig Ferguson pushing some children's book she wrote with her brother. Okay, that's all I got.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

jules,
i am slow to the punch, but thanks for stoppin' by. i like your blog alot - everyone should check it out.

g