Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sweatin It Out.

Getting into it heavy now on the preproduction of the new movie. Casting Friday and today, and you know what that means. All the actresses (and actors) are coming out of the woodwork for parts. There are about six parts for young teen types (remember, it is a horror movie, so we need some kids to chop shop) and then some adult parts where we’ll try to cast some semi-names – best we’re gonna do because of the limited budget. But the script is strong, the lure of this working arrangement with our big Co-Producer, the computer company, is significant, and so we shall see where we end up.

Was exhausted at the casting today. Some really good and some pretty sorry actors came in, some really beautiful women too. I don’t normally sit through every audition, I pop in and out and stay for a bit and leave. If I am not doing the reading, and am not particularly into the actor (ie. have any great curiosity to see them read) I tend to get pretty bored.

Why was I tired. Well, E and I spent Sat nite together and (1) she has no air conditioning (well, she does but its not hooked up cuz she doesn’t use it, and (2) her place is boiling hot, and (3) we have unbelievable sexual chemistry which makes, all around, for not so much sleep. I had to be at the Studio this morning at 945 (well, the casting was starting, but I didn’t so much have to be there) and didn’t get up til about then. Or actually, it was the second time I woke, after the first time, we got into it a little and I feel asleep for another hour or so after. I think in the hot apartment, we set the world perspiration record. In two rooms.

Went to Superman on Thursday nite for a National Board of Review screening. Kinda liked it. A little slow, and a very grown up movie. Well directed, and the new Superman is the real deal. Very charismatic. Even liked Kate Bosworth. Spacey seemed to be the only one playing it as a comic strip – well, he and Parker Posey, but of course, Parker always has that quality. All in all, it’s a good film, but very much a date movie. Not so much a summer kids popcorn movie, and if I were an exec at WB, I’d be worried about my profit margins. Not to mention the 800 pound gorilla that is Pirates II eight days later.

My dad should be getting test results on the bone scan for his prostate cancer this week. I haven’t really been inclined to write about it, not sure I am now. It is quite a bit on my mind, obviously, and though the prognosis is good, its that fuckin word, Cancer. Cant sound innocuous no matter how you put it.

We had dinner (parents Rich and myself ) on Saturday, lobsters at Centro Vasco. Great dinner, moods seemed to be good. Out with Rich afterwards, I drank way too much, the stress from the week, from selling the family movie, etc. just making me thirsty.

Two shots of JD. Used to be able to take it, almost heaved up the second one. Perhaps that has something to do with my Saturday nite sweats too.









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









2 comments:

ab said...

Sorry I couldn't be there Friday nite. And you're right - it's that fucking word that makes it worse...

ab said...

You've been tagged! You're it.