Monday, June 19, 2006

do it!!!

Been tardy. Been away. Been in preproduction. Or rather, been trying to get into preproduction. And financing the random lucy liu or Jessica alba film that’s presented to me.

Hot stuff.

No, not really, and certainly not until I actually get it done.

But back to the preproduction. Chief signed off on doing a horror movie. And while it isn’t the movie I wanted him to do, it’s a movie that makes sense to do. Why?

Cuz…

1. Its cheap.
2. The script is good (top 50/3000 in slamdance script competition, though it is kinda sick and weird.
3. We are producing with the hefty cooperation of a major computer company that is doing all the post-work and a nice chunk of promotional work as well. I don’t wanna be indiscreet so I wont mention the name of the Company, but its named for a fruit. Yeah, that one.

So even on this one, Chief seemed to be waffling when I spoke to him last week. Like he wasn’t sure he wanted to go ahead. I told him low budget movies were all about planning, and getting ppl ready to do their jobs (and excited about it too, hopefully). I basically told him he had to decide whether to do it now, or not too (the writer/director has only about a four week window to do the movie). He said, Do you think we should/

Great, now its on me.

I said, yeah, it’s a good deal. Lets do it.

So we’re doin it.









Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









No comments: