Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I start with a man, and take away reason, and accountability.

What in the hell? Sooooo, go to E’s last nite.

Flashback, two weeks ago.

Lying in Bed with E. Prolly in the morning. Saturday morning, you know, after.

Yeah, after.

So we’re lying there, and I mention that if she’d like, I am going to ask my friend, my closest friend (one of two that get the word “best”), Gus, if E can come to his inlaws house for the holiday weekend of July 4th. He always tells me that he’s excited for me to bring a date out to the house, I sleep in my own room out there (even though its not a bedroom), so why not. So I tell E, I’ll ask, would she like to go.

“Maybe.”

OK. Maybe. So I ask Gus, and he says, he’ll ask. Let him find out. Not much of a vibe one way or the other.

Ruling comes down, and it’s a negative. Not the best weekend for it, full house, BUT, another weekend, lets pick one that’s not so crowded in August, good to go.

OK, I tell Gus, don’t even worry about it. I’m treated like a prince out there, they are very generous, its always been great. Great family. Call em my summer parents (his wife’s parents).

Anyway, so more background. I was Gus’ best man. He just had a kid. I don’t get to see him that much. So I was looking forward to seeing him and I think he might have been looking forward to seeing me even more.

Now Im in bed with E, last nite, and have to let her know.

“Im going out to the beach for a few days this weekend,” I try to soft-sell it.

“Oh.”

“Yeah, and you cant go. I asked, they said this weekend doesn’t work but another weekend, would be great.”

Ensuing personality explosion. This whole to-do about the fact that I am picking to go out there instead of spending time with her. BTW, we saw each other last Sat. nite and the previous Sat. nite, having made plans no earlier than, hey, Sat. nite after eight PM both times. So wasn’t’ like I am automatically penciled in on the weekends.

And after I get this message that she cant be attached, Too recently separated. Lets not plan, yada yada.

She seemed a little apologetic in the morning, when we were leaving her place. I of course wasn’t happy and did my best to show it rather than just make up like is my instinct.

In Happy NEWS- my dad’s further health tests came back clean. In other words, he has cancer, in his prostate (sorry Dad) but it hasn’t metastasized and the surrounding area is otherwise clean. And a small benefit, his blood tests came back overall very well, so nothing else seems to be wrong. So he has very treatable cancer cuz they caught it so early.











Google





 







Web


YOUR DOMAIN NAME









1 comment:

ab said...

Yes, it is most EXCELLENT news about daddy.

The news about E, not so much with the excellent... sorry 'bout that.