Saturday, January 06, 2007

Under the (Rather Temperate) Weather

I used to never get sick. Never. To the point where I was always able to say that I never get sick. I may miss work, but I never missed work because I was sick. I don’t have to miss work anymore because I don’t hate work anymore. I like work. Now I miss work because I am sick. And I am sick.

Now I can work from home, to some degree. It’s a little bit easier to meet with people when I am in the office, and not in pajamas. Though not impossible. I have great feet.

One of the things I’ve been doing from home this weekend is working as a co-producer of the National Board of Review Annual Gala, being held this year at Cipriani. The NBR is the oldest film critics organization in the country, and my biz partner in Angel Baby Entertainment, John Gallagher, has been involved with the NBR for years, having done everything from host screenings to write speeches and co-produce the Gala. Well, this year he’s producing the whole thing, for the first year at Cipriani, and I am lending a hand where I can.

The NBR announces their awards first in the award’s season, rather than announcing nominees.

Here are the 2006 Honorees for the NBR.

Best Film to Clint Eastwood and Steven Spielberg.

Marty Scorsese will be there to pick up Best Director

Best Actress to Helen Mirren.

Best Actor to Forest Whitaker.

Supporting Actor to Djimon Housnou.

Supporting Actress to Catherine O'Hara.

Foreign Film to Pedro Almodovar.

Tipper Gore, Lawrence Bender, Davis Guggenheim for Best Doc – Inconvenient Truth

John Lasseter for Animated Feature Cars

Ensemble Cast to The Departed (incl. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg and Vera Formiga)

Breakthrough Actor to Ryan Gosling

Breakthrough Actress Jennifer Hudson

Breakthrough Actress to Rinko Kikuchi

Directorial Debut to Jason Reitman for Thank You For Smoking

Orig Screenplay to Zach Helm for Stranger Than Fiction

Adapted Screenplay to Ron Nyswaner for The Painted Veil

Freedom of Expression to Deepa Mehta for Water and Oliver Stone for World Trade Center

Everson Film History Award to Donald Krim of Kino.

Career Producing to Irwin Winkler

Billy Wilder Award to Jonathan Demme

Career Achievement to Eli Wallach

And Jesse Martin is the MC.

Anyway, it’s a great list of people coming, heads of WB, Universal and Fox, and Scott Rudin as well.

Im going to the doctor Monday, I hope I feel better by Tuesday nite. Gonna be great.

3 comments:

Jakenderek said...

what did the doctor say? how are you feeling? please update.

Malnurtured Snay said...

Me too on the sick thing -- just got over a fever and naseau over the weekend. Bah -- it was 60 degrees and I was in bed shivering with the heat on full. Blah!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Jake - Why the name change. Im doing fine.

Malnurtured - Im feeling better, but not great. Hope youre better too.