Saturday, September 15, 2007

What I am Watching

What I am Watching:
300. Whoa. The most testosterone laden movie Ive seen since Peckinpah and Fuller. Lots of fun, too. A true comic book.

The Prestige. Dont miss it, its great. Christopher Nolan's best film and that is saying a bunch.

Bringing Out The Dead (1999) - I missed this somehow, Scorcese and Schrader and Grumpster fave, Tom Sizemore. Really interesting, and definitely dark and moody. Like dessert with Paul Schrader.

What I am Reading:
So You Want to Be a Producer, Lawrence Turman (producer of The Graduate, et al.) - Worth the read, though I dont know if it really addresses an answer to the title.

2 comments:

wcdixon said...

I used Turmans book in a producing class I taught last winter and it seemed to be the right blend of basics and example. But there is no one answer to the question.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

I agree that there is no one answer. But i think that the book doesnt provide any real answer at all. It does, however, provide an interesting read, and lots of war stories, which are illustrative by example.