Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Going back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali (did I already use this title) - II (Ok?)

I am headed back to LA for a month or more, most likely, on Monday. Back to my LA hovel after a few months of relative comfort in NYC since early July. Slaughter rampin' up, and I need to be out there. So I am booked and on a plane on Monday afternoon. Coolio - kinda, it is what it is (but what is that).

Probably a good and bad time for me to be heading out. I need to clear my head of some personal issues - some disgruntled romanticism that has had me somewhat distracted. A situation. An enticement. Something that isnt gonna go anywhere, at least anytime soon, and soooooo, its much better to be out of sight, out of mind.

Spearheaded by the need to move on, I actually have been dating some. Im so friggin' monogamous, as a general matter, that just liking a woman can often make me drop it with others if I am not feelin' it. I like to focus. But since that primary interest is going nowhere fast,seemed like a good solution and an obvious next move. So I've been on a few dates, collected a few numbers. Even a set-up - though I haven't called her yet. And now all that stuff (though its no great tragedy) will prolly have to be put on hold for a bit. A month. Thats a decent amount of time.

Call it a career. Just dont call it a life. A substitute, maybe. When did the rules of grammar disappear? Why am I asking you?

Anyway, just some ramblings for a Wednesday evening. Heading out soon. Gotta get a shower and a shave.

Later. Grumps.

7 comments:

Diary of Why said...

Hey Grumpy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog (sorry, I couldn't figure out a way to e-mail you directly). I know, I always wonder how the first post on the page will affect how a new reader will see the blog. I don't really know what to do about that - not write about depressing stuff, maybe?

Anyway, good luck with your own dating drama. :)

Cheers.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Hey i can use all the comments I can get. Some stalkers, very few comments.
Guess I should add a link for emails? Or maybe the myspace page (yeah Im 12) is enough.

Anonymous said...

I hope the drama gets undramatized. As for the monogamous thing? Don't ever change that. Focus is good!

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Hey dawn. Long time no read.

Anonymous said...

Hey G! :)

I've been reading but my input on films would prove to be lame since I'm not in the biz. I'm a sporadic movie watcher but I'm a dedicated blog reader.

Julie O'Hora said...

Wish I were goin' back to Cali. Soon, I hope.

Maybe the change of scenery and time zone will do you good.

Grumpy O. Selznick said...

Dawn - STALKER - hehe- ok.
Jules - Yeah, Im not so looking forward to it. But maybe my feelings will change when I get there.