Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday on the blog

Hey Y’all. Been very busy with work, and haven’t had much time for blogging.

I’m getting set for Sundance, and I booked my tickets this week. The Ten, the movie I production exec’ed for City Lights, got the Friday Midnight screening time at Sundance. It’s a great spot, the one that Blair Witch and Napoleon Dynamite both had. Hopefully that is the direction in which we’ll be heading for the Picture. Its obviously a lot to hope form, but why not.

The Slamdance (not to be confused with Sundance) deal is almost done, with financing to be provided primarily by a well-known Hollywood entity. The deal with these projects is as follows: Slamdance gets a whole lotta scripts in their script competition. A bunch fo them are horror film scripts. They are going to give me, out of these hundreds of scripts, the ones they consider to be the best ten. We’ll pick one of the ten, which we will make into a movie every year, to premiere the following year at Slamdance. I love this project, as its fun and high profile and involves giving young writers access to the Hollywood opportunites on the basis of merit. Enter your horror screenplay here if you dare.

In other news, I am sick of the cold weather. I hate the cold weather. I want to go somewhere warm. Maybe LA. Maybe Miami. Only current trip planned is to Park City for Slamdance and Sundance

That’s all for now. Gotta check fantasy football scores. Looks like a good year for my teams (the Low Key Elvises), as I took second place in baseball, and I’ve made the playoffs in football, and basketball is looking good, with D. Howard, Marion, Wade, and Paul making the rounds for the Elvises.

Grumpy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off topic: Is your sister OK? I haven't heard from her in a while and she hasn't updated her blog either. Please tell her that I'm concerned...

Anonymous said...

Back on topic: I just got back from Boca. Perfect weather. But I'd rather have been in LA. Where'd you choose?