Saturday, December 08, 2007

Hovel Improvement.

Spent most of the day on hovel, er, home improvement. I sanded all the drywall plaster. Had to pull all the furniture out of the way, and then sanded down the room. I had left this for so long because I didn’t want to do the work unless I knew I was staying. I had the wall put up and the ceiling put up, and now that I know I’ll be here (when in LA) for a while, I have taken the next few steps towards turning this into a bachelor hovel instead of your plain old ordinary hovel.

My bedroom in the bungalow has been painted a sort of army fatigue green. Gives it a nice dirty look that just cheers up the morning. I am thinking, now that the sanding is done, to paint it wine, burgundy, to add some soft lighting, as the first step to take it up a level. Im even considering wall sconces. We’ll see.

But today, did a fair amount of work and its quite a bit more liveable all of a sudden. Less hovel-ly. Which is good.

So with the doors freshly painted, the room sanded and ready for painting, all I need is some heat and we’ll be cooking.

I can’t wait to shower off some of this paint in the 55 degree cold shower. Gonna hit some high notes for sure.

No comments: