Saturday, April 07, 2007

Sofa Bloggin’: The Great In-Between

Holy Canoli, Batman. Its an entry not written at 35,000 feet.

Yes folks, sorry for the interlude. Im back. Been a few weeks of decompression since the first round of My Brother releases, which weren’t overly successful from a box office standpoint, but weren’t expensive either. And the preorders on the DVD seem to be very strong. Which is good. Though not really for me, cause I am not particularly a profit participant on the movie, not for a while.

Its like I lost my job. I really haven’t and I’ve continued to work on some My Brother stuff, but most of the work I spent on the movie I’ve been reallocating to other tasks. Like the PictureStart Film Festival, for which I don’t yet have a venue. Working on it, though.

Anyway, things have been quite a bit slower. I’ve been working, but its not as frantic. However, its gearing up to get busy again. We’re selling the Insurgents, likely this week. I also rented a place in LA so that I stop spending so much money on hotels when I am out there. Its in Hollywood, and is a bungalow on a large piece of property around Sunset and Highland. I’m told, despite the loud neighborhood, that its fairly quiet because of the size of the property. We shall see.

Otherwise, things are fairly normal. Slaughter continues to move forward. We’re set a preliminary schedule for preproduction, production, etc. And hopefully everything can speed up with the extra time I will be spending in LA LA land.

That’s all I really got right now.

But I am flying on Tuesday, so I am sure there will be more.

No comments: