Sunday, February 11, 2007

Airplane Bloggin’: The Day After

So I spent most of the flight to Long Beach working on the tax credit for My Brother. I went through 100 pages of ledger reports of accounting entries and pulled every name and every dollar amount to make a list of how much each employee got paid. Thousands of entries, the kind of thing the accountant is supposed to prepare before they leave. Just in – boring, grueling and why we pay accountants. Did I mention that this could have been done with the push of a button if this unnamed asshole of an accountant did his job.

Guess what. He didn’t.

I kept doing it until my computer died about four hours into the flight. Since we were facing a 100mph headwind, it took six hours of flying time to get there, so I also got to watch most of the French Connection on the last two hours of the flight. I mean, my computer was dead. What else was I gonna do? The girl next to me had a great body, but she was with her boyfriend, so I just watched the movie. Low cut top though, whew-eee.

Anyway.

So how dumb am I. Sometimes quite dumb. I booked my flight weeks ago. Jet Blue. Miles and that whole thing. I was going to stay with my friend Jay, but was waiting to see if my quite wealthy Assoc. Producer David wanted to come along, which would make it possible to split a hotel room (not evenly either). He did, and we finally booked his travel this past Sunday, two days before departure. On Monday, we booked the hotel. Hyatt West Hollywood. Great location, middle of Sunset Strip, next to the comedy store, but very little else to recommend it. Not even free internet, so I am posting based on service from the Best Western (free internet) across the street. Loud, mushy beds, pretty lame. But a great location. 23 dollars for valet? Why not?

So here is the dumb part. We booked the hotel separately from the flights. On Expedia. And when they asked if we wanted a car, it seemed frugal to book that together with the hotel, so I did. Heres the brainstorm. Jet Blue flies into Long Beach. Guess where Expedia rented the car from, given an LA hotel stay.

Right-oo. LAX.

How pissed was I last nite? At myself?

50 bucks and a taxi to advantage rent a car (totally ghetto) later, we got in some weird ass PT Cruiser clone later, and made our way to West Hollywood.

Anyway, I am out here for the Pan African Film Festival. We have screenings of the movie on Friday (tomorrow) and Sunday at Crenshaw Hills Plaza at 3650 MLK Blvd. 7PM both nites, if you are joining us.

Otherwise, I’ll be meeting about getting Slaughter up and running with Maverick and Slamdance, and I was supposed to have a meeting with SONY about 4Chosen, but I think its been postponed.

TTFN.

Grumpy.

No comments: